• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Where is my post?

R

Roy T.

I posted a very long message a few minutes ago (my first) and it has disappeared. Do I have to start over?

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Roy :welcome:,

really sorry to read this - writing a long message with all the thoughts and then just losing it, what a bummer.. it just disappeared? My only ideas for now would be to try to click yourself backwards through the back button and see whether you can on the page where you were writing it.
In my experience the editor even saves messages so that unfinished posts stay there ready to be finished.. anyway.. maybe @letsconnect knows some trick.

All the best wishes and hope we can read your post soon

R

Roy T.

I found it again by clicking around on the site and on my name, etc., and it was displayed with a banner saying that it was being reviewed by a moderator for approval. Since there was no bad language or anything like that in it, I assume it was because it was my first post? Or that it was kind of long? Or that it was in the wrong forum?

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or that it was in the wrong forum?
Hmmm.. not sure about the approving, again hopefully one of our moderators or admins replies soon. What I can say is that there is no thing as a post being too long :)

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Hi it went into the approval queue because it was spam matched for someone using the same IP address as yourself. It has now been approved!

J

Jen615

I can answer that-I just made my first post last week. A moderator reviews all first-time posts to make sure they are in the right forum. Your post might be moved to a different forum, but it should be live within 24 hours. Welcome!
Just saw the reply above-looks like you were flagged for a different reason than I was. It's all good now though!