• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Which of these two toothpastes are better?

Camisa

Camisa

I'm going to list the ingredients of two toothpastes.

I'm looking for MAXIMUM cavity prevention, most powerful here. But, I don't know much about the w/v (weight to volume) measurement. I'm also looking for something that isn't too abrasive, and I have no idea what constitutes abrasives in toothpaste.

These two toothpastes both use Sodium Fluoride because I have amalgam fillings and heard Stannous Fluoride shouldn't be used on those.

Sensodyne Gentle Whitening
Sodium Fluoride 0.15% w/v fluoride ion
Potassium Nitrate 5% (desensitizer)

Crest Clinical Sensitivity............ Sodium Fluoride 0.243%
Potassium Nitrate 5% (desensitizer)

The whole w/v ion thing throws my math skills out the window. Which toothpaste has more fluoride in it basically?

Is this a science or math test? :giggle: The higher percentage I'm guessing, probably both are weight per volume? Although it's a tenth of a percent can't imagine it makes a big difference.

Is this a science or math test? :giggle: The higher percentage I'm guessing, probably both are weight per volume? Although it's a tenth of a percent can't imagine it makes a big difference.

lol :)

The tenths of a percentage make a big difference when a drug's potency is high. Whereas, it takes lots and lots of volume to achieve the same effect with a weaker drug. Just curious is all, I want to make sure I spent my money on good toof paste. I went through too much hell and lost too many teeth to settle for anything less than a good dental checkup!

if you have a high caries rate get your dentist to prescribe you a 5000 ppm NaF paste or gel for prevention. Only available via prescription.

Back