• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

White material around wisdom teeth extraction sites?

C

cinemagrl

Hello everyone, first post here. I keep googling on this subject as I’m so paranoid and all results take me to this forum so I figured I could reach out to you all and ask for help. I recently got all four wisdom teeth removed and on the bottom two I have noticed a white substance surrounding the extraction site. It does not appear to be pus as it does seem semi-solid, but I do not see a dark red clot, just the white substance and my sutures, which are dissolvable. It has been 5 days, is this normal? Will it go away? Can I still brush the sides of my gums where the tooth is in front of the extraction site or is it a bad idea to brush this substance? So confused as to what it could be as it was my first time ever getting teeth pulled and I’m not sure what a dry socket looks like.

M

Melgavjulmil

I had a molar removed a few months ago. I believe the white stuff is granular tissue which aids in the healing of the extraction site. I had this and it has all healed fine :)