• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

White pimple on upper gum HELP!!

AngelCatMei

AngelCatMei

Hi, this is my first time posting here and I am really nervous about my condition right now. I hope I am able to get some opinion here.

I have a white head pimple in between my lateral incisor and canine. It started out 3 days ago, I ate a throat candy and it burned my upper gum and it hurts when I smile so I looked into the mirror and found this white pimple. I went for my braces adjustment yesterday and I pointed it out to my dentist, who was also my orthodontist, she took a fine long pin (i think is gold in color, those that they used to check for infection as the pin will point its tip to the infection area) and poke it into the pimple, she told me she don't think it is a tooth issues nor does she think is a gum infection. We didn't took any x-ray for this. She asked me to monitor it for now and if it is still there after a month, we might need a root canal even tho my front teeth are all healthy without any decay.

I was anxious so I went to another clinic to seek for second opinion today. I took an x-ray and the dentist said that it isn't an gum issues as it was high up in the bone area, not the lower gum. She said that it is still too early to diagnosed it with tooth issues but she suspect it is from my lateral incisor as she said she saw a SLIGHT shadow she can't confirm it as it might be due to my teeth shifting. So, she asked me to wait and see too. If the pimple get better and my tooth is painful, i might need a root canal. As for now, my tooth don't feel pain, nor do i have sensitivity to hot or cold. She said if the pimple will be gone by itself then it should be nothing serious and it might be due to braces shifting.

I sent the x-ray and photo of my pimple to one of my friend who works in dental industry for years as a dental assistant, she said that in her opinion this doesn't seems like a tooth issues as she has seen many abscess before and mine doesn't seems like one. She said it might be due to my body heatiness that lead to gum inflammation.

So here I am asking for everyone opinion and helps :( I already had a root canal last month on my lower molar due to infection so I am so not ready to have another one.....

Red circle is the area involved. Blue dot is where the pimple is.

IMG_20180706_161523.jpg

IMG20180706144048.jpg

IMG20180706155705.jpg

Something is going on there, it doesn't look like an abscess due to infection, but there's definitely an area on the x-ray. Go back to your first dentist, TBH their explanation makes no sense, might be a translation issue.

I'd ask them to take some more films and do something about it.

Something is going on there, it doesn't look like an abscess due to infection, but there's definitely an area on the x-ray. Go back to your first dentist, TBH their explanation makes no sense, might be a translation issue.

I'd ask them to take some more films and do something about it.

Hi Gordan, thank you for replying. So this is not cause by tooth issues? Do you think it is rarefaction of jaw bone?

Not an expert by any means but I also had a white pimple on my gum and a shadow showed on my xray. Mine turned out to be a cyst that needed removing? Might be worth getting them to do another xray or a CT scan. My dentist did a CT after the xray and was able to confirm that it definitely was a cyst from that. Good luck!

Hi,

If it is a tooth-related infection, out of the "pimple" should come a bitter metallic-taste secretion. Is that the case?

Hi,

If it is a tooth-related infection, out of the "pimple" should come a bitter metallic-taste secretion. Is that the case?

No, there is no metallic taste at all. My tooth doesn't hurt or have any sensitivity as well. The pimple is 95% gone. It started out as upper jaw bone pain instead. :(

Not an expert by any means but I also had a white pimple on my gum and a shadow showed on my xray. Mine turned out to be a cyst that needed removing? Might be worth getting them to do another xray or a CT scan. My dentist did a CT after the xray and was able to confirm that it definitely was a cyst from that. Good luck!

Hi! Mine is getting smaller but I will definitely ask my dentist to do another X-ray next month when I go back for braces adjustment.

Is it painful to remove? Hope you're feeling better now!!

IMG20180601095702.jpg

This X-ray was taken on June, as I went for cleaning. The dentist did pointed that my tooth have no issues but my gum is unhealthy.

But this month when I went for my braces adjustment, my dentist (different dentist)said my gum is not that unhealthy. I just hope it is nothing. I really don't want it to be something like cyst or tooth infection.

The pimple is 95% gone, hopefully that's a good sign?

I will keep you guys updated. I am extremely thankful that you guys read this post and it helps me alot :')

Back