• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

White pimple type bump on base of tongue

M

mrowland08

Hi everyone. My dentist was closed today and I am worried that this may be something serious. I think I've googled this until I can't search anymore. I haven't found any information about this....I'm not even sure what it is! I've been having right ear/jaw pain so I looked in my mouth last night and saw this white bump. It won't pop and it's soft. Anyone have any ideas? I would greatly appreciate it! This will calm my fears over the weekend. I have a fear of the dentist (even though my dentist is super nice!) and I haven't had my teeth checked in a while. :(

Attachments

P

Paige2018

To me that looks like a canker sore. I would just rinse with saltwater and avoid spicy foods until it goes away or you can get in to have it checked.

M

mrowland08

To me that looks like a canker sore. I would just rinse with saltwater and avoid spicy foods until it goes away or you can get in to have it checked.
Hi! Thank you for your reply. I also thought that at first but it's not painful like a canker sore. Usually for me the actual sore hurts and stings, but not this one. My ear hurts but not the actual sore. :(

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mrowland08

I know how it is to sit and wonder what something is and have to wait. I hope you can get in somewhere soon to have them take a look at this to give you a peace of mind.. Let us know what happens.

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Looks like you may have bitten it, maybe in your sleep? Doesn't look anything nasty.

Give it a few days and if it's still there then have it checked over.