• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

White pimple type bump on base of tongue

M

mrowland08

Hi everyone. My dentist was closed today and I am worried that this may be something serious. I think I've googled this until I can't search anymore. I haven't found any information about this....I'm not even sure what it is! I've been having right ear/jaw pain so I looked in my mouth last night and saw this white bump. It won't pop and it's soft. Anyone have any ideas? I would greatly appreciate it! This will calm my fears over the weekend. I have a fear of the dentist (even though my dentist is super nice!) and I haven't had my teeth checked in a while. :(

Attachments

• 61956107_2299486676812818_1773083781075304448_n.jpg
    61956107_2299486676812818_1773083781075304448_n.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 7
To me that looks like a canker sore. I would just rinse with saltwater and avoid spicy foods until it goes away or you can get in to have it checked.

To me that looks like a canker sore. I would just rinse with saltwater and avoid spicy foods until it goes away or you can get in to have it checked.
Hi! Thank you for your reply. I also thought that at first but it's not painful like a canker sore. Usually for me the actual sore hurts and stings, but not this one. My ear hurts but not the actual sore. :(

Looks like you may have bitten it, maybe in your sleep? Doesn't look anything nasty.

Give it a few days and if it's still there then have it checked over.

Back