• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

white spot inside extraction site

J

jrb0919

I had a bottom molar removed about 2 1/2 wks ago. I have had a achy pain that runs up my jaw to the jaw joint since the extraction. Sometimes the pain is worse then others. Usually tylenol or advil works sometimes i need vicoden to help the pain. The site looks as though it is healing there I is a white spot on the inside of the site by the tooth beside the extrsction it has been there since about day 4 after the extraction. The hygentist told me on the phoneit is prob a scab. I had the dentist check it1 wk after it was pulled he said my pain was prob healing pain and nerve pain. I also have tmj. How long can I expect this pain to last?

J

jrb0919

I had a bottom molar removed about 2 1/2 wks ago. I have had a achy pain that runs up my jaw to the jaw joint since the extraction. Sometimes the pain is worse then others. Usually tylenol or advil works sometimes i need vicoden to help the pain. The site looks as though it is healing there I is a white spot on the inside of the site by the tooth beside the extrsction it has been there since about day 4 after the extraction. The hygentist told me on the phoneit is prob a scab. I had the dentist check it1 wk after it was pulled he said my pain was prob healing pain and nerve pain. I also have tmj. How long can I expect this pain to last?
I get bad anxiety when it comes to any kind of mouth pain. Esp get worried about infections I had to get iv ant once for a tooth inf. Thanks