• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

White stains on Teeth?

T

Tomili

Im 16 years old and I don't drink milk, I just saw little white stains on my 2 front teeth, no where else. In the past few days I have been using allot of ACT Anticavity Flouride, it says to use only once everyday and not to eat/drink anything for 30 minutes. I have been using it maybe 2-3 times a day and drinking/eating soon after. So is this why I have stains on my teeth? My teeth are nearly turning a shade of white btw.

if it's chalky looking and really white.. that's actually the first sign of a cavity starting. i have some of it on my wisdoms. getting them removed soon though.

Well I heard that excessive use of flouride causes it also

I have white stuff on teeth

Somebody want to help me with this?

Some white stains are normal, and I haven't heard of any fluoride rinse changing the colour of teeth. Other white areas can be decalcification areas so it's best to consult your dentist just to make sure to see if anything needs to be done. It's best to try to not eat or rinse for a period of time after rinsing since you want to allow the fluoride a chance to get into the enamel.

I don't know if this is the same thing, but I will occasionally notice white marks on my top 2 front teeth (they look like lines stretching horizontally across). I don't know what they are or why they appear, but they have always gone away after a day or 2. If I had to guess, I'd say they show up 3 or 4 times a year. I'd be interested to know what they're all about. Anyone know?

Sometimes when the teeth dry out for whatever reason (mouth breathing, snoring through the mouth, etc), you may notice some different shades and characteristics more than when they are normally hydrated. They could be just natural white line formations.

Back