• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

White stains or patches on front teeth - help!

C

celtic_girl

I have dental phobia due to bad experiences and a lot of work on my back teeth last year.

I have just noticed that particularly when I wake in the morning & my mouth is very dry, there are white patches on my two front teeth. These patches then disappear once I drink or get saliva in my mouth again.

Last week, I was in hospital on a drip for a day due to dehydration. I had a severe throat infection and I couldn't swallow even a sip of water or my own saliva! I had to spit my own saliva into a bowl for 2 days.
For the rest of the week, I could still hardly drink due to my throat being so sore.

Is this linked to the white patches? I tried to scrape them off with my toothbrush and my nail but nothing happens.

Help - I am worried I have decay on my front teeth and I've never even had dental work on them yet! And I don't want any! I don't drink fizzy drinks/orange juice since my problems last year unless I use a straw so they never touch my front teeth.

My dental check-up is booked for next Thursday.

Sorry to hear you have been ill. I think you are best waiting until you see your dentist at your appointment as they can see the front teeth and tell you what it is.

Good luck for next Thursday :clover::clover::clover:

I have dental phobia due to bad experiences and a lot of work on my back teeth last year.

I have just noticed that particularly when I wake in the morning & my mouth is very dry, there are white patches on my two front teeth. These patches then disappear once I drink or get saliva in my mouth again.

Last week, I was in hospital on a drip for a day due to dehydration. I had a severe throat infection and I couldn't swallow even a sip of water or my own saliva! I had to spit my own saliva into a bowl for 2 days.
For the rest of the week, I could still hardly drink due to my throat being so sore.

Is this linked to the white patches? I tried to scrape them off with my toothbrush and my nail but nothing happens.

Help - I am worried I have decay on my front teeth and I've never even had dental work on them yet! And I don't want any! I don't drink fizzy drinks/orange juice since my problems last year unless I use a straw so they never touch my front teeth.

My dental check-up is booked for next Thursday.

Same happens to me every morning but goes away. I always just attribute it to the fact that my mouth is dry in the morning. I always wake up with dry mouth actually.

Dehydrated teeth are much more likely to show white spots that may not be a problem

Back