• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

wierd morning breath question

archaeodani2

archaeodani2

ok.. yes this is a wierd question...

Before I got my two bad teeth pulled, it was QUITE apparent that the morning-bad breath was a result of the teeth - I could literally taste it :censored:....

NOW, after the teeth are gone, my mouth tastes different in the morning... Since it's been 8 years since both these teeth went bad, I don't have a frame of reference to go by (not memorable anyway)to know if what I taste now means no more decay, and it's just residual yuckies from the day before, or something else...

(at first I thot it indicated an infection beginning in my extraction site, but after Friday & the dentist telling me it's healing fine - that explanation is out of the equasion....)

Soooo..... is it possible my mouth really is healthy (excluding the cleanings I need now) with no traces of decay anymore to make it blechy in the morning??? :thumbsup: :devilish:

Zzzdentist

Zzzdentist

Verified dentist
Having a little bit of Gorgonzola with crackers!
It certainly might be better, but the mouth contains lots of bacteria to create all sorts of odors. I don't think one can ever eliminate them completely. Removing decayed and infected teeth does change things, but even in an edentulous (no teeth) state there's still going to be some smells I believe.

Mouthrinses, tongue scraping and wiping ridges with a warm wet cloth may help denture wearers as well as soaking the dentures in water with a little Scope.