• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wierd sensations after filling

C

Carol_P

Hi again people some of you may remember me from the extraction/root canal debate. Well whilst my dentist took the X ray for the extraction he noticed the tooth next door needed filling.

I have been back for it today, and I was a very brave girl. I sweated and shook but didnt cry! :jump:

The numbness is wearing off now, but its SO sensitive its unreal. When I touch it with my tounge, the only way I can describe, is like having tin foil against it, like electric shock and its making me shudder!!! (I only had it done 2 hours ago)

He did say it was quite deep and would be sensitive for a day or 2... is this what he means? is this normal?

I am SO SO sorry for being a paranoid pain in the ass, but I just dont want to have to go back till my check up (fingers crossed). I have spent too long in the chair this year.

Thanks peeps Carol x

Yeah, that's probably what he meant. It should settle back down in a couple more hours. :thumbsup:

Cheers Gordon... I feel like I am a right pain on here, but I have severe dental paranoia :redface:

Back