• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Will 4mm gum pockets reverse?

K

KimmyJean

I had always gone to the dentist as a child all the way until I was 18. From 18 to 28 (I'm 28 now) I've only had a handful of cleanings. :cry: I would brush and floss really well since that's all I could do. I didn't have any insurance.

I finally have dental insurance and the first place I went was to see what the damage from all those years was. Luckily, I didn't have any cavities and had healthy gums. The only bad thing was that I now have 4mm gum pockets all throughout my teeth. After that deep cleaning and finding that out I have been flossing very well once a day before bed and brushing twice a day with an electric toothbrush. I also use a waterpik. I'm really trying to do my best but I'm worried about those large gum pockets. If I continue to clean my teeth that well and see my dentist regularly and get cleanings whenever they say to, will those gum pockets ever go back to the normal range of 1-3mm?

Thanks in advance for your help!;)

Yes. They can reverse.

Back