• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Will they remove my tooth while i still have an absess ?

E

emmastar

Well im say here for the 5ft night running in unbelievable pain :confused: Its getting to the point im so tyred i carnt do anything at all and eating is too painfull .
The emergancy dentist gave me antibiotics a few weeks back before i went away and said i needed to find a dentist who will sort the tooth out when i come home .
On the second to last day of the holiday it started to hurt again so i went into the chemist over there and got some of the same antibiotics but they arnt working :( im in alot of pain and want sleep and to eat something .
Ive got extream phobia of the dentist allthough i can now go into one without being chucked out or scaring everyone there i dont have a dentist yet as they still carnt find me one .
Im not im a position to go to the private dentist i use at the moment as he is briliant and has helped so much last year but its increadbley expensive .

So my question is if i go to the emergancy dentist can they remove the tooth while i still have this absess ? i dont want to go and pay just to be given more pills that dont work and have to keep going back , he recomeded a route cannal which i would like to save the tooth but i carnt carry on like this i have 2 childern to look after and im getting dangerousley tyred allready burnt myself once as i just carnt consentarate.

Yes of course they can remove it. Sounds like the most sensible thing to do.

I had a huge abscess when they pulled my lower tooth. He scraped it and cleaned it out a little then stitched it closed.

Don't wait too long when you have an abscess! :redface: I thought I was gonna die (from the abscess), or atleast felt like it! I started feeling a lot better in general 2 days after it was done.

Let us know that you got it done and how it went.

:XXLhug:

Last edited:
with me at another dentist they gave me antibiotics.first then took my tooth out.

Dave.

Back