• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom extraction day 6, seeping blood and toothache

I

iworms

Hi, it's day 6 since all 4 of my wisdom teeth were extracted last Tuesday (all impacted and below the gum). The dentist used suture on the lower 2. Didn't take pain med, but I'm taking Amoxicillin 3 times a day.

All in all, it's been uneventful. Two things do get me a little concerned but don't seem bad enough to call the office, so I'm asking here first.

First, my lower left 1st molar sometimes hurts/gets sensitive when I push it with my tongue or finger. Is it infected? Or is it the change in pressure caused by wisdom teeth's absence?

Another thing is that the lower left wound/suture site still seeps blood when gently disturbed. For example, tonight I slowly brought my top and bottom rows of teeth together and bit slightly (hadn't bitten since the extraction), and afterwards the lower left site was seeping blood, probably from being stretched. Sure it stopped quickly, but is it normal to be still so vulnerable? By this rate, will I bleed a lot when I get the suture removed this Thursday?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm not a dentist but it is my understanding that the lower wisdom extractions usually take a little longer to heal. I would not disturb the extraction sites anymore than you have to but I strongly advise contacting your oral surgeon and let them know what you are experiencing. If you get it checked now you might be able to head off an infection but it might not be anything to worry about. The point is ... find out. Don't hesistate to call your os office.

Back