• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom teeth removal was a BREEZE!

R

Requiem

Today, 6-28-10, I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed at 8:30 in the morning. The two teeth on the bottom of my jaw were both impacted and the surgeon decided that I should use general anesthesia, but the top two hadn't even come through the gum line yet. By the way, if any of you are wondering, I am 15 years old. A very young age to have them removed at!

I'll tell you the truth, I was scared out of my mind an hour before going to the office, and once I arrived there I was shaking the entire chair almost. I tend to get nervous and have non-stop shaking. :giggle: I went to the back to use the restroom, and as soon as I walked back into the waiting room they called someone else back and my heart nearly stopped. While I was still trying to catch my breath, they call my name moments later and I about started sobbing as they took me into the surgery room.

A very kind nurse started to ask me about how my weekend went, and how I'm enjoying the summer as she began to hook me up to the simple machines. She laid a blanket across my legs and attached something onto my arm to measure my blood pressure. It was honestly pretty cool to see my own heart beat on that small tiny screen. My heart rate was around 120/180 from all of my nerves. :giggle: The more we began to speak about it, the machine was beeping louder and I was probably scaring them...Lol.

Aside from that, they hooked two heart beat monitors on my shoulders, and one on the side of my stomach. It was about a 5 minute wait until the doctor entered the room. ((The two nurses were awesome...one kept on saying that he would sing for me to distract me from the needle when I told them about my needle phobia. The other nurse said "Trust me, you don't want to hear him sing"! ;D It was rather funny!))

Once the doctor entered the room, my nerves began to collect once again and I spoke to him about my fear of needles. He placed a gas mask on top of my nose and told me to take big deep breaths of the laughing gas. I did what he said and wasn't feeling any different for about a few seconds or so. But it finally kicked in and my entire mind was going numb before I knew it. I was seeing double of everything and everything sounded very strange...almost echo like.

The doctor told me to raise my arm a bit as a nurse set a tooth looking stress ball (Lol! ;D) Into my hand and told me to squeeze on it as hard as I could. They were about to enter the IV, and as soon as they did all I felt was a simple pinch. I don't even remember myself falling asleep or waking up, but the entire procedure was NOTHING to worry about! They brought my mom and step dad into my room and before I knew it I was in the car. Obviously I said some strange stuff, but I kept on telling my mom I didn't want to be recorded.

Ever since I've gotten home I've been feeling pretty okay. Changed the gauze pads many times, had a TON of soft foods that tasted really good and took my medicine. I won't lie, the pain feels kind of unbearable at times...But just make sure you take your pain relievers before the pain gets even worse. The stitches are driving me insane and I can't wait for them to come out! :jump:

I'm so glad I've gotten it over with, and for anyone about to have this procedure, you have nothing to worry about! The doctors will take really good care of you!! Woo!

I'm off to bed now, my pain pills are kicking in. ;) Thanks for all the support everyone, I appreciate it!! :yay::jump::cloud9::respect:

:jump: Yippee! Congratulations! See..we all knew you could do it! :yay:

Congratulations and well done you!

Excellent job!! Well done and congratualtions!!

:respect::respect::respect:

Hi Requim your very brave well done.

Dave.:jump:

Back