• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom teeth removal

J

Jon Ersser

The Friday just gone I went through a procedure that I could never have thought I would go through. The four wisdom teeth came out.

These four curses as I call them were not in pain physically and my NHS dentist didn't even recommend to take them out.

I went private because I knew something wasn't right as I couldn't even brush them. I was then told that the bottom two were both at risk of infection in the long run.

That was certainly an interesting run of events.

Ive been fighting back against my fear and anxiety of the dentist for months now. I finally hit the pinnacle of the fight against them and I did it.

My brother was the one who helped me over the line because I was thinking maybe I shouldn't do this as it could make me worse if I had a bad experience.

The strange thing is I did have a bad experience having them out. The oral surgeon I went to seemingly didn't care about me, he just wanted to pull the quartet of curses out.

I'm currently on day three of recovery and I am getting a bit annoyed as all I want to do is to be able to brush my teeth like i normally would.

But I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. This is a great sign for me personally as I have started to gently brush the teeth around the extraction sites.

I'm still in a little bit of pain from one of them but it's not as bad as it once was.

This fear has taken over my life for more than half of my life. By having such a significant victory is great.

I just would like to say to everyone who reads this. Dental fear is horrible and can ruin anyone's life, but if you talk with other people on these forums, you can win any battle with this fear.

Back