• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom teeth removed and fillings-now pain

S

Seb11

Hi everyone,

Thank you for this great forum. I wish I had known it before....
Here is the story: I, male, 30, got both wisdom teeth on the left side removed plus some fillings done on other teeth on the right side of my mouth. That was exactly 8 days ago.

I have to say that the wounds from the wisdom teeth removal is healing very well, and after a few days the pain went away, which is fantastic, the whole is extremely small already. Lucky me.

I wish I could say the same for the right side of my mouth, where I had some fillings done.
After I did not notice anything in the first days (maybe because of the wisdom teeth extraction side pain) in the last few days, I realize more and more that my right side is extremely sensitive to heat and cold, more than usual. When the pain meds are losing their effects and I drink a glass of cold water, for example, I am in awful pain shortly after.
I use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth which seems to help a bit but not enough.

I wonder if this is normal or if something is going on ? I do not want to always call the dentist and seem like a cry baby but the pain is real and I am slowly running out of the prescribed Ibuprofen 600.

Any hrlp would be very highly appreciated by me. Thanks for this useful resource.

:(

Some sensitivity for a couple of weeks after having fillings isn't unusual. This type of sensitivity is usually mild-moderately painful and goes away quickly after the hot/cold food is taken away.

If your pain is severe, lasts for several minutes after the hot/cold is taken away, starts hurting all on it's own, or if your bite feels off in any way you should give your dentist a call.

Back