• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

wisdom teeth surgery!! It was a breeze!!!

lillyh

lillyh

Well today was "D" day for me..I did not sleep at all last night and got up and ate pancakes at 3 am since I coudn't have anything to EAT or DRINK 6 hours prior to the surgery.and I get nauseous if I don't eat..I managed to take a benydryl which allowed me to sleep from 4 am to 6 am..I was thirsty!!
My mom and I get to the oral surgeons and fill out all the paper work and copy insurance cards, etc..the lady calls my name and we go and I get a cat scan of my teeth..Then we go into the office and discuss what is to be done..The dentist looks in my mouth , asks questions, and says okay off to the surgical suite...YIkes!!! that is when my blood pressure goes up..LOL....But there was a couple in the waiting room waiting for their 10 year old boy to have his front teeth extracted with I.V.sedation, so I figured if he could do it I certainly could...So we go into the operating room and i get in the chair and look out the window at a beautiful forest of trees...which was nice..The anetheisiologist put on the blood pressure cuff and a heart monitor and a finger pulse thing..Then she put in the I.V. which DID NOT hurt at all...She started a fluids drip first..Then when the blood pressure machine registed 165/102 she said oh you are nervous! So she said she would give me something to calm me down and injected something into the i.v...The next thing I know I am waking up in the recovery room and I'm done!! during surgery I HEARD NOTHING and FELT Nothing!!! at all.They said they have varying levels of sedation and she wanted me to be asleep but breathing on my own)I have stitches in just the bottom where the left molar(the crowned root treated tooth)was. But none in the top two wisdom teeth sockets.We started at 10:30 am and I was done at 11:00 A.m. When i woke up the nurse got me a wheelchair and called my mom and daughter into the room and they wheeled me out to the car and I went home..I'm laying on the couch and I took a pain pill so hopefully it wont be so bad. They gave me an ice pack to put on it too...So for meds I was prescribed amoxicillin, hydrocodone, ibuprofen 600 mg and a anti infection mouthwash...So I'm set...I was so scared yesterday thinking about this day and lost so much sleep but it was a breeze...Ask alot of questions because I did....They were very gentle, understanding and accomodating....But I'm relieved it's over......HAPPY VALENTINE"S DAY TO EVERYONE:love:

Good job. Congratulations, and glad to hear it was complication-free :)

THANKS EA!
So far so good...Just alittle soreness so far since i took an ibuprofen right away...

Congratulations :jump::jump::jump::cheer::cheer::cheer::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::dance::dance::dance::respect::respect::respect:

Thanks Carole,
The oral surgeon didn't see a root tip which was strange since the nurse and my regular dentist saw one...Oh well...Any way my crowned root canaled tooth HAD to go ..It was bad and it was causing me all my grief! So now I'm three teeth lighter!! Well nap time!

Well done Lillyh, :jump: :whirl::yay::yayy:

Back