• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth coming through, does this sound normal?

L

louise123

At the very back on right side of my mouth, where last wisdom tooth would come through the gum has swollen up all raised up. This only happened yesterday. It isnt intensely painful its only ever so slightly painful if I press the swelling with my finger and feels weird to eat.

Im wondering is this how wisdom teeth feel coming through? The gum isnt bright red, its normal pink, so assume isnt an abcess or a proper swelling caused by an impacted tooth or anything is it? I had a filling done last September and my dentist took xrays of my mouth an said the filling I needed was the only thing wrong, and assume he would have pointed out wisdom teeth that were growing under gum at wrong angle to come through wouldnt he???? Surely?

Plus I saw a dentist just two weeks ago, regarding a procedure on front of my mouth, and he never mentioned anything.

I can now see what looks like a small whiteish patch on one of the corners of the swelling, not sure if this is a aprt of my tooth just below gum, or whether this sounds like some sort of indication the swelling is an abcess or cyst!

So scared it could be an abcess!!! but dont know what one would look like/feel like? This feels squishy not solid.

Last edited:
Though I don't really recommend it, you could try using a needle to see if it is tooth or some sort of puss buildup. That is what I would do in that situation... but definitely make sure you sanitize the needle or whatever you may use.

Back