• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth complications?

J

Jwood

2 days ago (Thursday), I had my last wisdom tooth removed. It was impacted horizontally, the tooth in front of it was removed as well. The gum was partially switched closed. So a few questions. Should I be worried that today (Saturday), I semi suddenly got this odd kind of pain going down my neck below where the teeth were removed? Should I be worried that I have a bit more pain today than the past 2 days? Should I be worried that my tongue has a weird kind of super dry, mildly painful feeling on the side next to the excretion site? And finally, is it normal that the blood clot, though starting to heal the way it is supposed to, is a bit bigger than the wound itself? It is also kind of attached to the stitches that the dentist put in my mouth. I think the stitches being the way that they are, are part of the reason why the clot is a bit bigger.