• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom Tooth Entangled in Nerves that supply my lower lip with feeling

L

Livvy

Hi everyone, what a lovely place here!

I'm 21 years old, and my bottom two wisdom teeth are partially impacted, my top 2 are growing outwards. Absolutely terrified of the dentists, and put off getting them sorted for years. Had a consult with an oral surgeon 2 nights ago, only to be told he doesn't feel confident removing them, due to how complex its going to be. He's referring my onto a maxillofacial (sp?) surgeon instead.

But now I'm super super worried I'm going to have a numb lip for the rest of my life after the surgery! Has anyone else had this experience?

Did you get them taken out? I had a consult visit last week and he said my root had grown into a nerve that runs along my jaw and could potentially cause some issues that may be weeks, months or longThatThatit was unlikely, but possible. I'm TERRIFIED!!! I hope you had a good outcome.

Back