Wisdom tooth erupting : it hurts ! 😭

A

Alexistired

One of my wisdom teeth is erupting . I feel like my gums are very irritated and it burns … it hurts and burns so much (the gums surrounding my tooth) it hurts when I open my mouth and when I drink ecc . It feels like an open wound . I already mentioned it to my dentist

I regularly see my dentist once every two weeks because I have other issues going on with my mouth . She suggested I use hydroxychloroquine (mouth wash) I did but it still hurts . I’m seeing my dentist soon but anyways what can I do ? The pain of the tooth erupting is driving me crazy IT BURNS ! Feels like someone is poking my gum with knives ? I don’t even know if this is normal .

my dentist last checked my tooth on June 3rd . She’s got X rays of all of my wisdom teeth and didn’t mention anything (YET) about it being impacted … so idk . She mentioned another one of the teeth might give me issues but not this one in particular. what’s going on ?

Last edited:
M

Molar_bear

Forum Buddy
Hi @Alexistired

From your description that doesn’t sound like a very nice feeling at all. Hope it settles down for you.

From what I remember of my wisdom teeth erupting was issses and pain on opening my mouth and lingering achy pain on the side of my mouth on and off. So I think them erupting isn’t the most comfortable as such. Maybe try asking your dentist too.

I’m not a dentist and can’t remember quite what I did for the pain. So sorry I can’t help you there, but someone else on here maybe able to.

Best wishes
Molar_bear

A

Alexistired

Hi @Alexistired

From your description that doesn’t sound like a very nice feeling at all. Hope it settles down for you.

From what I remember of my wisdom teeth erupting was issses and pain on opening my mouth and lingering achy pain on the side of my mouth on and off. So I think them erupting isn’t the most comfortable as such. Maybe try asking your dentist too.

I’m not a dentist and can’t remember quite what I did for the pain. So sorry I can’t help you there, but someone else on here maybe able to.

Best wishes
Molar_bear
Just as you described . Same feeling . They’re coming out now and I’m 23 hahaha thanks
I will keep using what my dentist told me

A

Alexistired

My tooth still hurts and the pain is radiating to my ear . My dentist checked the tooth around a week ago . And I’ll be back soon but I am very worried . What are the signs something is very wrong with your wisdom tooth ? Or that it’s infected ?

A

Alexistired

My wisdom tooth on X ray :

Attachments

• 5DA19098-EC65-4BB8-8351-5F5676D1DF24.jpeg
    5DA19098-EC65-4BB8-8351-5F5676D1DF24.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 4
M

Molar_bear

Forum Buddy
Hi. As I’m not a dentist or dental
Professional I can’t really answer what to look for as such. On the forum there is an ask the dentist thread. Which maybe useful to post on there.

I think pain was pretty common with mine too but just wondering what are you worried is very wrong with it? Was the dentist happy last time they saw it?

Hope the pain settles down soon and you get a response from a dentist.

A

Alexistired

Hi. As I’m not a dentist or dental
Professional I can’t really answer what to look for as such. On the forum there is an ask the dentist thread. Which maybe useful to post on there.

I think pain was pretty common with mine too but just wondering what are you worried is very wrong with it? Was the dentist happy last time they saw it?

Hope the pain settles down soon and you get a response from a dentist.
I went to the dentist today she said the gums are inflamed , so she gave me some special sprays and things I’m gonna have to use
Thanks