• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Wisdom tooth extraction site healing question

E

erming

I had a wizzy extracted two months ago and thought everything was healing fine. It’s a big hole but no pain. On my last visit to the dentist I was told the site hadn’t changed in the last couple of weeks and might need cleaning out and resuturing, but we’d wait another month before doing anything. I am gutted I thought everything was fine, I’ve had loads of work done recently and thought the extractions were behind me, but now I’m worrying all over again. I still don’t have any pain, just a bit of tenderness from the dentist poking around….Has anyone else ever experience this after a tooth extraction

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry you got a bad news just when you thought everything was fine. I can see why this made you upset. I have never had such an experience myself but a month sounds like a long time so really hope your extraction site finds a way to get well by itself...