• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth extraction site healing time?

Susanne

Susanne

How long does it take for a wisdom tooth extraction site to heal or be covered over with new tissue? I've read some things on the internet that say the extraction site/hole can take months to heal. That doesn't sound right. Does that mean there is an open hole where the tooth was and that it is not covered over with new/healing tissue for months? :confused:

How long does it take for a wisdom tooth extraction site to heal or be covered over with new tissue? I've read some things on the internet that say the extraction site/hole can take months to heal. That doesn't sound right. Does that mean there is an open hole where the tooth was and that it is not covered over with new/healing tissue for months? :confused:

I got an upper wisdom tooth extracted Sept. 30. The “covering” was a gradually process. I refuse to look inside my mouth, haha, but it felt like it started to cover from back to front, where the part of the gum closest to the molar is the last to cover.

It still doesn’t feel complete when I purposely touch it with my tongue, but I stopped noticing it after about a week or so.

Back