• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth extraction site still sore 3 months later

N

Neos

Hi,

I had my bottom right wisdom tooth extracted at the start of March because of a large cavity that led to an infection in the roots of the tooth.

The procedure seemed to go okay, but I've had soreness that I get virtually everyday still. The hole is almost sealed now, but the extraction site is still very sensitive. If I get food near it this can cause it be sore, if something to cold goes near it that can also cause pain. I keep it as clean as I can, but the site feels tender and still bleeds quite easily if I try and clean too much.

Do I just wait it out for longer? I had my dentist check it out about a month ago and didn't see any issue. I'm in my early 30's so they said recovery can take longer because of my age. 3 months just seems like it should have fully healed by now.

Seems a bit longer than one would expect. I'd ask them to take another look.

Back