• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom Tooth Extraction..

L

Loneranger80

Hi all... new user...

I finally plucked up the courage after 2 years to get my bottom left wisdom tooth out (Tuesday 17th March 2020)... it had massive hole in it and was giving me toothache..

it is now Friday 20th March and I am still getting pain not from the hole but from the gums surrounding the area... they are tender (feel like when you get a mouth ulcer)... just want to check this is normal... and how long I will be in pain for? (some sites say 3 days some say 7-10 days

also the extraction site area has like a white yellowy covering... how do I know this is normal and not infection or pus(apologies)..

I have attached a pic - not the best...

any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• tooth.jpg
    tooth.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Hi Loneranger80, from your description, it sounded like normal healing - how are you feeling now?

the tooth (or should say hole is fine) but the gums to the side (next to cheek and behind extraction site) are very sore - like when you have ulcers type pain...

how long will it take for that pain to subside?

Each extraction is different - the person who would know about what to expect in your individual case would be your dentist or oral surgeon... could you give them a call and check?

of course... I just read some much conflicting info...

some say 3-5 days
some say 7-10 days

and now have read maybe 2-3 weeks..

thanks for your help...

further to this can you get Pericoronitis after wisdom tooth removal?

Pericoronitis refers to an inflammation that occurs around a partially erupted tooth, so no...

ok thanks for the reply... I have gum sensitivity that is like that...

will call my dentist as it is 7 days now since extraction and my gums are sore.

Good luck (hopefully their lines are still manned and not too busy) - let us know what happens :)

Loneranger80.

Just wanted to say , hope things get better for you and these symptoms die down and you get some healing quick!!

Back