• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth gum hanging

C

ChristianK

Hello!
So today randomly out of nowhere i noticed that i had some of my gum hanging in the back of my mouth.

So i ran to a mirror to see whats up, and what i see is my wisdom tooth.

SO. what i am told is that growth of a wisdom tooth is quite an unpleasant experience.
And when a wisdom tooth is starting to grow it will force out the gum to get through.

Now the weird part.
The gum have come loose and exposed my wisdom tooth, it hasn't grown anything.
I'ts still sitting up there behind my gums.
And i haven't felt any growth.

So anyone knows whats up?

Omg i have the same thing :cry: and its happening like once a month now and becoming really painful...have you seen anyone about this yet?

When a wisdom tooth does erupt, this is the normal progression for healthy growth. You may feel some pain in the gums there if it continues to grow, but the most important thing to do is to make sure you clean the exposed tooth very well and make sure no food gets caught between the flap and the tooth, as this can lead to cavities on that tooth. Do discuss it with your dental professional on your next visit if it is worrying you.

Back