• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom Tooth Hole Fear

B

Bunny45

Hi. I had my wisdom tooth removed about 17 days ago. Yesterday I ate a bread full of sesame seeds. Afterwards I realized that the sesame seeds are small and has the potential of getting inside the big gaping hole left after the wisdom tooth as removed. So I gargled and gargled. But then a thought popped into my head: What if there is a sesame seed/s still inside the hole, that you just can't be able to see? And so I Googled. I found out that sesame seeds should be avoided for those reasons and because they do not get DISSOLVED or DIGESTED! And I am now freaking out because what if a seed was left inside the hole and it will close up and it will not be dissolved by saliva and it might cause me to have mouth infection or gum disease? I don't know what to do. Should I be concerned about this? Or is this just a product of my dental anxiety thinking? Please help?

Did the dentist give you a syringe to flush the sockets out? They work really well. If you can't get one from the dentist, I don't know if you can buy one at the drug store. Maybe if you asked in the pharmacy, they could give you something.

Did the dentist give you a syringe to flush the sockets out? They work really well. If you can't get one from the dentist, I don't know if you can buy one at the drug store. Maybe if you asked in the pharmacy, they could give you something.

Hey momma. No he didn't give me any. I asked a couple of drugstores/pharmacies and they don't have it. I don't think they have it here.

You could ask an hospital. I know some medication are given orally with syringes to patients. Your pharmacy might have kid medication that use syringes. Syringes are popular with kid medication because they allow for a precise measurement.

You could ask your dentist what to do. It would be the best way to put your mind to ease.

Hi. I had my wisdom tooth removed about 17 days ago. Yesterday I ate a bread full of sesame seeds. Afterwards I realized that the sesame seeds are small and has the potential of getting inside the big gaping hole left after the wisdom tooth as removed. So I gargled and gargled. But then a thought popped into my head: What if there is a sesame seed/s still inside the hole, that you just can't be able to see? And so I Googled. I found out that sesame seeds should be avoided for those reasons and because they do not get DISSOLVED or DIGESTED! And I am now freaking out because what if a seed was left inside the hole and it will close up and it will not be dissolved by saliva and it might cause me to have mouth infection or gum disease? I don't know what to do. Should I be concerned about this? Or is this just a product of my dental anxiety thinking? Please help?

I've just had a very large tooth out with three roots and that was 20 days ago now. I can push my tongue in the hole and I can already feel the area filling in. I'm sure this will also be the case with your hole and I feel sure you're worrying unnecessarily and that the hole will no longer be deep or crevicy enough to keep food in there now. Check with your dentist, but I'm sure it will be fine. I worry so much too, so I know where you're coming from.

Back