• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom Tooth Pain & Visit to Dentist

C

chrisb1357

Hi all,

I dont post on here much but i do read alot on here. Over the last few days i have been getting some pain from a wisdom tooth that was filled a few years back. I decided to ring my local dentist who i did see a few years back and i am still on there NHS list. They can get me in this week for a checkup but i am worried that i will get the same dentist as last time as he is the only one there at the minute. On my last visit he was not at all helpfull that i had a fear and he asked why i get upset which i found it hard to explain. Can you ask for an NHS dentist to refere people to have sedation if an extraction is needed?

My teeth are still in a bad way which i now regreet from a teenager and i am worried he will say something about this again.
Chris

Phoned up the dentist today to ask when they can get me in and they said tommrow morning at 8:30. I thought i would have to wait weeks. I have asked for another dentist this time as did not get on well the other year with the other. They have put me with the senior dentist

Chris

Sounds like a plan, congrats on making the appointment. Let us know how it turns out. BTW no dentist should lecture you, they are there to help you.

rp

Back