• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth problem

L

lozpop

Hi all xx im so glad I found this site and I hope you can help me.

At the moment I have toothache with my top right wisdom tooth, it was aching a while ago but then it stopped and I thought everything was ok. Now it feels like there is either a hole in it or it is only half a tooth :scared:
Now will I need this removed? I am PETRIFIED of the dentists and haven't been since I was 15yrs old (im now 20)
I have only ever heard horror stories about having wisdom teeth removed. I am in the UK and I would like to know if anyone knows of any GOOD dentists who are good with phobics in the Kent area??

I cannot explain how terrified I am.
I hope someone can offer advice to me and reassure me.
Thanks
Laura

If you are feeling "half a tooth" then the tooth has probably come partly though your gums. My fiance had one wisdom tooth that came through and he had it pulled quite quickly and painlessly. Since it was partly out already he didn't have to be sedated, just frozen. It only took about 10 minutes as well.

I am looking at getting my wisdoms out as well. I have all 4, all impacted.  :scared: I'm terrified of dentists as well, I just started going this summer. I found a very nice dentist though that has helped me alot but now I have to see an oral surgeon for these teeth and I'm SO SCARED about seeing someone new and going through with the procedure. I'm getting married this summer and I dont want the teeth to interrupt the wedding or honeymoon but YIKES.

I have read a lot of success stories on this board though which do help a lot. I tend to let my fears get the best of me and need to keep telling myself that I WILL BE OK and that I CAN DO IT. Sometimes that is easier said than done though.

All the best of luck to you. Please keep us updated on how things go.  :grouphug:

Bekah

Back