• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

wisdom tooth removal questions by a worry wart out

W

worry_wart 190

Okay, five days ago, I had all four of my wisdom teeth taken out because they were horribly impacted, they were near some very important nerves and yesterday was my worst day ever.... Ot felt like an elephant standing on my head and I felt like someone was screwing with my nerves. So my questions?

1. Would anyone recommend a heat pack for my face?
2. Should I be worried if the inside of my left cheek and tongue feel cut up?
3. What would be a good way to get protein in a soft food diet? ((I swear my body is going through withdrawals.))
4. How should I get my jaw joints feeling better? ((I can open and close my mouth but I can open very wide, hurts when I yawn.)):cry::(:confused:

About the protein:
I have been making bean soups with chicken stock and veggies and putting them in an immersion blender to get them super fine so there are so pieces or chunks at all. They taste delicious and the beans have a lot of protein!

1. Would anyone recommend a heat pack for my face?

Ice for the first 36 hours, moist heat after that. Heat might encourage swelling for the first two days. After 36 hours you've swelled all you can swell.

2. Should I be worried if the inside of my left cheek and tongue feel cut up?

No, a lot went on in there and there's bound to be some scrapes. You might have bit your own tongue while numb (I did and good!)

3. What would be a good way to get protein in a soft food diet? ((I swear my body is going through withdrawals.))

Peanut butter, soft, steamed fish, smoothies with protein powder.

4. How should I get my jaw joints feeling better? ((I can open and close my mouth but I can open very wide, hurts when I yawn.

Their traumatized, like the rest of your mouth. Concentrate on relaxing them, with breathing exercises and imagining them sinking. Hang your mouth gently open and try to relax your shoulders while you do so, to relieve tension.

Good luck!

Thanks for your answers.