Wisdom tooth removal

G

Gemmamez16

Hello

I had my two lower and one upper wisdom teeth removed on Friday just gone. When i left the dentist the dentist assistant kept the gauze and said the clotting had started. I looked in my mouth today and there seems to be no clots in my extraction sites and one site is extra painful and has green stuff in (this was an infected tooth before removal). I have severe pain (constant even with medication) a horrid taste in my mouth and breathe smells. Do you think this is a dry socket and infection?

Any help is appreciated

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, when you pay your dentist for a dental procedure, the price includes the aftercare. So the best thing to do would be to get in touch with the person who actually performed the procedure and who knows what is going on in your mouth! Give them a call or shoot them an email and ask 🙂

L

lleigh26

Did It End Up Being A Dry Socket..? X

G

Gemmamez16

It was an infection and dry socket… my neck swelled up loads and fast, glad i didnt wait and went straight back. My wisdom tooth was infected to begin with so i think when it was removed it left some infection in the gum as the other two extraction sites were dry socket but did not hurt one bit.

L

lleigh26

So You Had Two Dry Sockets In Two Extraction Sites & They Didn’t Hurt..? Is That Because You Got The Medicated Dressing Put In..? X

G

Gemmamez16

Yes, no there was nothing added into them just left to heal on their own

L

lleigh26

Ahh Okies.. Was They Diagnosed As Dry Sockets Early On..? X

G

Gemmamez16

I had them taken out the friday afternoon and was back in dentist monday morning, so pretty quick, i was going to leave it a couple more days to see if it was just part of the healing but the pain in the infection and swelling was agonising and i have a high pain threshold

L

lleigh26

I’m Glad You Are Feeling Better Now!! X