• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth root curved - x ray attached

M

miteshgem

Hi,

I got horizontal wisdom tooth attached x-ray also...

I have shown this to doctor and they are saying that wisdom tooth is on nerve and root is very curved, this is very complex surgery...they are recommending to postpone this surgery as this wisdom tooth so far is not creating any pain..

I have question here...

If I will not remove this wisdom tooth will the roots of this tooth will expand over period of time and become more dense closer to nerve and become more complex surgery..?

Any other problem can arises if I will not remove this wisdom tooth..

Thanks much....

Attachments

• X-Ray.doc
    337 KB · Views: 40
I'm not a dentist so I could very well be wrong here (feel free to correct me if I am, dentists-who-are-on-the-board), but depending on your age, your roots should be grown about as much as they're ever going to be.

My wisdom teeth (I only had two, the other two never grew in) were both severely impacted and affecting my other teeth, even though they had never caused me one bit of pain - and my mom (turned 57 this year) still has all four of hers with no immediate plans to remedy that. However, your dentist will know more of the specifics of your case than anyone on these boards. You can always get a second opinion with an oral surgeon (or a different oral surgeon, if that's what your first dentist was) as to how complicated the "surgery" will be.

Best of luck! :XXLhug:

If it does not cause pain, I wouldn't get it removed. It is true that the roots get longer and harder with time, but if there's not going to be a problem in the future, then don't get it removed.

Back