• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Withington Dental care anyone been there or heard about them?

M

macc2012

I have been referred to them by my local PCT referral centre as having a tooth out under sedation and have been looking on the web for any reviews about them and the ones i have found are all bad reviews.

so has anyone been to them or heard anything about them? as i am so worried about going to them but done want to wait any longer then i have done already to have tooth out.

also after having tooth out will i just walk out or do they give me time to come round a bit?

If you're having IV sedation then you don't just walk out afterwards, if you're having inhalation sedation then you can do.
It looks from the website that they offer IV, no mention of IS.

I've no idea if they're good, bad or indifferent, the reviews on the NHS website wouldn't fill me with confidence though.

If you're having IV sedation then you don't just walk out afterwards, if you're having inhalation sedation then you can do.
It looks from the website that they offer IV, no mention of IS.

I've no idea if they're good, bad or indifferent, the reviews on the NHS website wouldn't fill me with confidence though.

Do they have a website as i looked and couldnt see one for the centre.

Do a Google search for Withington Dental Care and read the reviews.

You seem to like the dentist that you currently have - from your previous posts. Would she consider giving you oral sedation ( I believe the UK dentists on here prefer to prescribe temazepam). That way you can have the treatment with someone you already know and seem to trust?

Before I found the right dentist I thought that the best way I could have dental treatment was by IV sedation. In fact that is what I asked for - I wanted as much treatment as possible all in one go so that I could get everything done and probably never see the dentist again......:scared:. Thankfully my dentist had other ideas and actually had the treatment with no sedation at all...:)
Give it some thought?;)