• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wonky front teeth

J

Jax1

I am still hoping to see a dentist once all this is over to try to sort my teeth, wether I feel so brave when I can actually get to one is another matter. Any way I have been noticing my front teeth especially the bottom ones are getting more and more wonky, one is almost twisted to one side and I’m sure feels a little loose, what causes this and is it something I should be worried about? Will a dentist mention it if I ever get there?

This is the teeth I’m wondering about

Attachments

• 4EC5722E-8947-4580-9726-279D2A781F63.jpeg
    4EC5722E-8947-4580-9726-279D2A781F63.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 19
Hi Jax 1,

You’ve definitely got the right attitude about going to have thing checked. Yes, it can be a challenge when the time comes but you can make this easier by doing your research, choosing the right dentist for you and maybe even getting in touch with them prior to your visit. It can be helpful to communicate your concerns and maybe even request a quick phone call from the dentist first. These steps can make the process much more controlled.

A number of different things can contribute to crowding and movement of teeth and it can be relatively innocent. The reason it would be best to get things assessed properly is that gum disease (or periodontal disease) can be an major contributor. If there is an issue with gum disease the earlier you can get things stabilised the better the outlook for the long term.

For now do all you can with effective twice daily brushing and daily cleaning between the teeth (eg floss, Tepe brushes). The more diligent you are the better.

Although it may not be suitable to attend the dentist currently, you can still take positive steps by looking at websites, google reviews etc to give you more confidence that you’ll be in good, caring hands.

All the best with it all,

Niall

Just seen this reply, thank you for the advice, I’m trying very hard with cleaning at the minute, I’m not sure I will be able to see a dentist any time soon so will wait and see. Guessing it will be quite hard to make an appointment for ages

Back