• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Worried About A Couple Of Things

L

lleigh26

I Had This X-ray Taken As I’m Planning To Have An Implant Placed At The Time Of Extraction.. The X-ray Has Me A Bit Worried Though..

I Will List Them & Explain As Well As Possible..

1. What Are The Bubble Shaped Things Around The Roots..?

2. As I Understand It.. The Hole From A Tooth Extraction Closes From The Bottom Up.. So If I Get An Implant At The Same Time As Extraction.. Would I Be At Risk For Dry Socket..? I Have Asked This Before & Got Told It Isn’t Possible But Someone I Know Has Been Told Me It Is Possible!!

3. Does It Look Like I Have Any Bone Loss Around The Tooth That Needs Extracting..?

4. Is It A Difficult Tooth To Remove..?

Sorry For All The Questions.. I’m Just Extremely Nervous And Have An Appointment Coming Up!! Pic Added

Laura xx

Attachments

• 7A4260B2-DFCD-4DCF-8194-4101E88E67F3.png
    7A4260B2-DFCD-4DCF-8194-4101E88E67F3.png
    691.1 KB · Views: 13
I am not a dentist so can’t answer most of your questions, but I can give you my personal experience. I had my front upper tooth extracted and an implant placed the same day. I can say with certainty that you will not get dry socket. There will be no hole at all. The implant will be placed and the gums sewn together and there is no way for the socket to be exposed.

Mine had a pretty bad infection from a previous abscess and a LOT of bone loss. The tooth was removed and the oral surgeon had to manually clean out the socket area before placing the implant and bone grafting material. I even had to have a bone block graft as well. My implant did great and still is doing well a few years later.

I am not a dentist so can’t answer most of your questions, but I can give you my personal experience. I had my front upper tooth extracted and an implant placed the same day. I can say with certainty that you will not get dry socket. There will be no hole at all. The implant will be placed and the gums sewn together and there is no way for the socket to be exposed.

Mine had a pretty bad infection from a previous abscess and a LOT of bone loss. The tooth was removed and the oral surgeon had to manually clean out the socket area before placing the implant and bone grafting material. I even had to have a bone block graft as well. My implant did great and still is doing well a few years later.
Thank You So Much For Your Reply.. I’m Very Nervous As You Can Probably Tell.. ? You Sharing Your Experience Has Helped Calmed My Nerves.. ? xx

1) The sinus. A big air space in the maxilla.
2) No virtually zero risk of dry socket.
3) Can't say from that x-ray
4) No

1) The sinus. A big air space in the maxilla.
2) No virtually zero risk of dry socket.
3) Can't say from that x-ray
4) No
Thanks For Your Reply Gordon.. You Have Made Me Feel A Lot Better.. ? I Remember You Said Last Time I Asked That It’s Not A Difficult Tooth To Extract And When I Seen My Dentist And She Said To Me ‘I Will Try To Attempt To Remove It But It Will Be Difficult To Extract’ It Put Me Off Completely From Seeing Her Again.. & Thank You For Answering The Question Regarding The ‘Bubbles’ I Was Worried It Could Be Something More Sinister!!

Laura x

It's a nice conical shaped root, so nothing too concerning in the x-ray. The dentist is probably just covering herself in case it turns out to be trickier than it appears to be, then when it's out in 10s flat she looks extra clever :)

Thanks Gordon.. I Actually Thought I Had Already Replied.. You Have Helped A Lot.. ? Laura xx

Back