• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Worried About Neighbor Teeth

A

AshNaz

Hello -
My long story short is - I had molar #3 with a cracked filling - then crown - then root canal - then extraction.....all with a ton of pain, impact to my ability to talk, eat, socializing, etc. and all over this past summer - in 3 months.
I have never, ever experienced something like this (I am 51).
My whole life I go to the dentist - have an issue - dentist fixes it I am good.
This felt like failure after failure after failure - and much anxiety now.
I am two weeks out from the extraction and it is slow slow slow healing - still so very sore, but healing.
My question is this - my two neighbor teeth are very sensitive, especially to pressure.
It is a different kind of pain - more sore, bruise like pain - than what I had before (excrutiating nerve zings) - So.....I am wondering - what is a reasonable amount of time that I should allow the area and the two neighbor teeth to heal before I try to "fix" them.
Ack!

Hi AshNaz, that sounds really frustrating! Have you seen our FAQ here:

I’m not sure how long exactly it will reasonably take for the neighbouring teeth to “heal” - Daniel, one of our resident dentists, mentioned that it might take about 6 weeks in the thread above.

Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Not a dentist, but I went through a similar deal, with two different molars this past year, also with no previous root canals. It is very disheartening to go through all that then have it extracted.

I had sore teeth next to the extracted teeth for almost a month! I actually went in and had them x rayed as I was so worried about them having issues as well. They were sore and temperature sensitive and would ache occasionally. It just went away after about a month.

Not a dentist, but I went through a similar deal, with two different molars this past year, also with no previous root canals. It is very disheartening to go through all that then have it extracted.

I had sore teeth next to the extracted teeth for almost a month! I actually went in and had them x rayed as I was so worried about them having issues as well. They were sore and temperature sensitive and would ache occasionally. It just went away after about a month.

Thank you so much for your response and I agree - expensive and so painful and depressing.
I am glad to hear that it worked out for you - that gives me hope.
I am two weeks in so I know its early - I will continue to be patient and hope for the best.
I also went in on week 1 and week 2 to have the site looked at and xrays to make sure that there wasnt more bone loss or an infection.

Hi AshNaz, that sounds really frustrating! Have you seen our FAQ here:

I’m not sure how long exactly it will reasonably take for the neighbouring teeth to “heal” - Daniel, one of our resident dentists, mentioned that it might take about 6 weeks in the thread above.

Wishing you a speedy recovery :)
Thank you - I did see this, but I appreciate the additional information since all of the situations seem a little different.

MountainMama - I was wondering if you could elaborate for me what kind of pain you had that ended up resolving. That may help me out some.
I am now 3 weeks out from my extraction and the socket is still pretty sore and it hurts at times when I talk and the two teeth next to it are still sore - brushing very very carefully and avoiding some of the gum which is painful in some areas. Argh!

My neighboring teeth were very sore, almost bruised feeling. I also would have achiness during the day.

Back