• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Worried - Can I Have Some Advice Regarding Broken Tooth

L

lleigh26

Hello..

I Have A Problem Regarding A Broken Tooth.. It Occured During Labour With My Daughter Biting Down On The Gas & Air.. It Cracked Pretty Much Down To The Gum Line.. Never Really Had Any Problems.. No Pain.. Didnt Even Feel Like There Was A Tooth There.. Felt Like There Was Just Little Shards Really.. Now Ive Noticed The Gum Has Finally Started Growing Over The Hole.. 6 Years On.. Can Someone Have A Look & Tell Me What Is Likely To Happen At A Dentist..? I Have Aspergers & OCD & Im Extremely Nervous Regarding Dental Treatment.. Especially After Extractions!!

Thanks.. Laura xx

Attachments

• 20200715_182237.jpg
    20200715_182237.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200715_182118.jpg
    20200715_182118.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 18
It would be sensible to plan to remove the bits that are left, they may not be causing any issues just now but the chances are that they will at some point in the future. Teeth being awkward little beasties,
it'll probably wait till the most inconvenient time possible before it starts causing you some pain.

It's a fairly simple job for the dentist to remove the broken pieces, it's easier to remove the roots than the whole tooth. Since you're not having issues just now then the dentist and you can decide the best time to deal with it.

Thank You For Your Reply.. I Am Going To Book In With A Dentist Asap.. I Know Only Too Well How Teeth Start Playing Up At The Worst Possible Times Lol..

So Is It Possible That There Is Only Little Shards Left Then Instead Of The Bottom Part Of The Tooth Thats In The Gum..?

Laura xx

It'll just be the roots, given that it's a premolar there will be about 4-5mm of roots still in there.

Back