• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

worried, need advice!

H

hannahb

Hi! I posted on here a while ago when I was about to have some teeth removed under sedation, and I went to get more out 2 days ago. The procedure was fine cos I don't remember a thing, but my dentist could only take one out and a bit of a root which I swallowed! So I was advised by him to go to A&E the next morning to get a chest x ray to make sure the tooth wasn't lodged anywhere. After a 2 hour wait at the hospital it turned out everything was fine. Today when I woke up my mouth felt much better, but when my partner had a look at the area where the tooth was removed, the clot was a bit of a funny colour. Sort of white, a bit black, a bit red and a tiny bit green. When he said it was a bit green I panicked loads and I managed to get an appointment at an emergency dentist as my regular dentist is closed on weekends. Anyway, the dentist I saw was really rough and prodded where I had the tooth removed even though I said it hurt a lot, and he got annoyed when I bit his finger. He said it probably wasn't infected, then changed his mind and said that because he didn't touch it he didn't know so he prescribed me two different types of antibiotics, which seemed a bit odd cos normally they just give me one type. I was in tears when I came out, he was so abrupt and rude to me. Anyway, I'm still worried because I don't want to take the antibiotics unless I really NEED to as they upset my stomach badly. I was just wondering what this sounds like to everyone else? Can the blood clot go this colour? x

Hi first i would like to say im so sorry you are going through this and my prayers are with you.. Having said this Im not a dr , but with the clot looking green i would think this means infection.. If you can just start taking the antibotics this will clear it up .. I know they can upset your stomach , maybe you can take a small dose of your medication and gradually work your way up to where you need to be...
Im sorry I couldnt be more informative , maybe someone with more experience reading over this can help.. take care

Hi antibiotics really upset my sisters stomach and she was told by her dentist to take one of those pro-biotic drinks when she takes them, or yogurt, and funnily enough which I couldn't believe she was also told to have a drink of diet cocoa cola, I was amazed but it helped and she was fine doing this. Odd the strangest things work.

I don't know if this helps, but it may be worth trying, and you do sound like you need to be taking the antibiotics.

Good luck with your recovery and healing. :grouphug:

Last edited:
Thankyou both for your advice, I feel a bit silly though because I don't think it was green, I was looking at a bit of a decayed tooth :/ I get so paranoid after I have teeth removed, I wish I didn't. I've been worrying about getting dry socket too. Its been 3 days now since I had the teeth removed so do you think I should be ok?x

You are normally safe after 72 hours, so yes you should be home and dry, so to speak, continue to do the salt water rinses for a few days more and if you are at all worried call your dentist and let him have a look.

Happy healing and I hope you feel better soon. :grouphug:

Back