• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Worried

H

Hip81

Hello,
I have found this site will using google and found it really helpful. I took the plunge and finally visited the dentist about a small pimple that had been on my gum above a tooth that had a filling in. This mark had been there a good two years, I know this was silly of me not to visit a dentist sooner but had some bad past experiences.
Anyway this turned out to be an abscess so got root canal done 5 days ago, have read so much on google that I think I am going crazy!

I am now worried as I have a really bad taste in my mouth would this mean that it hasn’t worked? And I am sure the tooth is sensitive, had so tears that it’s spread to my brain and I am not going to be ok. Even more worried as due to go aboard soon and now worried about flying with all this going on.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

@Hip81 I cant give you any advice except just to not believe everything on Google as I have made that mistake and it just caused anxiety

I am now worried as I have a really bad taste in my mouth would this mean that it hasn’t worked? And I am sure the tooth is sensitive, had so tears that it’s spread to my brain and I am not going to be ok. Even more worried as due to go aboard soon and now worried about flying with all this going on.
How far along the root canal are you? If there's a temp filling in place then this would cause the funny taste. Ditto the sensitivity.
No, it's not going to spread to your brain. Tooth infections don't work like that. Can't answer the flying question without more information.

How far along the root canal are you? If there's a temp filling in place then this would cause the funny taste. Ditto the sensitivity.
No, it's not going to spread to your brain. Tooth infections don't work like that. Can't answer the flying question without more information.
Thank you, I had it all done in one go so would that be a temp filling?
Was a bit worried as I have apparently got an ear infection in the opposite ear, would this be connected?

The dentist where I had it done wasn’t very helpful so have now moved so hopefully will all be ok now and I will get it all sorted.

I don't know, what did the dentist tell you?

No.

Good luck with the new dentist.

Back