• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

worse pain ever during filling

Well everyone here is the update i went again it was reily painfull still but not as bad he told me reason it hurt was coz i has 2 live nerves that should be dead. he finaly got into my ruit cannal this time and put some things in my tooth and medication directly into it. then told me i had to come back in a week. so im lookin at 4 visitis for one ruit cannal:/. he gave me 4 injections and it still was painfull but nothing to the first visit so i coped lol. i hope this monday when i see him again he finishes this tooth. he told me he got into the ruit and the cannel is now open he just needs to fill it. Is this part going to hurt ? any ideas if this is the painfree part of painfull part lol

It should have all been pain free, I think you are so brave to have gone back. If he has cleaned all the root canals out then, where there is no nerve there is no pain. Did he use a Dental Dam. That is a piece of rubber that they put over the tooth they are working on when doing a root canal. This covers your mouth and protects the tooth. Good luck with the rest of your treatment.

Please read this:

Your NHS dentist is inexperienced, incompetent or sadistic and it doesn't have to be like that.

Hi!

I agree with Brit.

I had root canals done on several teeth with live but inflamed and painful nerves, and my dentist got them anesthetized. Two of them took a few more shots than usual, but she succeeded and we got them done comfortably.

I'm not a dentist, but I think that any tooth can be anesthetized and you should not have to put up with this. "The nerve should have been dead" is a lame excuse, IMHO.

Your fear of pain at the dentist will not go away if keep having pain all the time.

If you go back to this dentist please insist that you are fully numb, even when the nerve canal is cleaned out my dentist still numbs me. I would find another dentist after this treatment if you are going to let this man finish it for you.

He wouldn't have got near me with the drill at the first appointment, because you were not numb.

PLEASE FIND ANOTHER DENTIST. Treatment is not like this these days.

thnx for reply guys yeh i didnt get a Dental Dam just goggles. he put some things in my tooth he said i had 3 nerves i think he got all 3 and then put some things inside my tooth then temp filled it again. he said when i got back hes guna do something to it and then if hes got time he will fill it in :/ duno what he plans to do lol. #This is the only dentist i can afford at the moment

what i was also wondering was now hes killed nerves and put some things in my tooth what is left for him to do ? he said he mite have time to fill it what else does he possible hav 2 do lol. 4 visits for one tooth seems abit silly to me. i know u guys say none of its suposed to be painfull. But if it was would the painfullist part be over the killign nerves and getting the bits stuck in the tooth? or would u say the painfull part is the fuilling so on

If he has taken the nerves out there is nothing left to hurt inside the tooth, it is the nerve that hurts in the tooth. He may be cleaning it out again if it was infected, I had mine cleaned out twice with bleach I think he used.

If you found another NHS dentist he would do a proper job. By letting this man continue to work on the tooth you may end up losing it. It doesn't sound like he has done a good job at all. There are other NHS dentists out there that would do a proper job. Is he putting a crown on in about 6 months. They don't always need a crown on but it is something for you to check.

To answer your question again no it should not hurt at the next visit. It should not have hurt on any of the visits, I would not let this man touch my teeth, no way no how. NEVER. The filling bit doesn't hurt but ask him to numb you a bit because you gum might feel a bit sore. GOOD LUCK.

Can I ask why do you have to go back to this dentist, another dentist would charge the same low price's on the NHS, there are three charges £17.OO check up and clean £47.00 which includes a filling or rct, and £104.00 which covers things like crowns and more extensive work. You can look it up about charges on the NHS website or on here somewhere and it will explain better than I have.

Last edited:
hmm i didnt now that carole ill check it out.Well im just going to let him finiish this tooth was the plan and not let him do any more.And ill defo look into getting another dentist .I just want this one tooth finished lol its bin so much work lol i just want it over with.

You also need it doing correctly, because if it isn't you could end up having to pay again for it extracting if the root canal doesn't work. He is doing it very differently than mine was done. Please be sure he is not going to cause you more problems and money in the future.

I wish you luck and a pain free experience for the rest of your treatment.

You are very much braver than me.

well im happy to say im finaly finished hehe all done now im safe for 6 months hehe thnx for all who gave advice and general chat u was truely life savers. LOVE U ALL HEHE ur info and help gave me the courage to keep going back to get the job done :) .Thank you

CONGRATULATIONS :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

You need a medal, I don't know how you did it but really well done.

I am pleased you've done now for 6 months. You can have a few of these :cheers: now.

gave me the courage to keep going back to get the job done :) .Thank you

I think you must have found the courage within yourself to be honest, as we were all telling you not to go back there. :giggle:I am full of admiration, I couldn't have done it.

tee hee carole and Carys Drinky time :> indeed.

Back