• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Writing

JJones86

JJones86

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering is there anyone else here that finds writing helps them as a kind of therapy to help them overcome their fear/phobia/anxiety?

I've found that if I write about past dental traumas or even just fears and things like that, then it helps me little by little to overcome my dental anxiety and phobia.

I also write stories for fun, so I recently started writing a dental story from the patient perspective, not based on fact but possible situations. I find that while I'm writing I feel like I would if I were in the office receiving treatment, but afterwards I feel a little better.

Please share with me if you do any kind of writing like journaling or stories that help you also.

Thanks.

JJ

I think most of us on here have found that it helps to write our experiences down and just knowing that we are not alone in our fears is very comforting. It also gets all the anger and hurt from the past out in the open. I have also had many questions answered about things I didn't understand which has made getting treatment easier and less of a mystery.

Yeah, I tend to write stuff out to try and get it all straightened out in my head, and sometimes just because it wants out! I've done one or two pieces of writing that have been very therapeutic.

I'm currently plotting a wee photography project that relates to it too.

Back