• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

You can do it..

W

Warman2019

I have been looking on these forums for quite a while and decided to register, a little background of myself..

i am a 34 year old male who has always not smiled because i am not happy with my smile and i have had issues with my teeth that i know have needed to be fixed but i have always put it off going to to the dentist because its easier right? well unfortunately i have been drinking way too much coke and my teeth have been getting worse so 2 weeks ago i took the plunge and made my first dental appointment in about 15 years (apart from an appointment 5 years ago for a filling due to loosing half my tooth playing football).

As the day got closer i was getting more and more nervous, i didn't cancel the appointment although i really wanted to and i managed to find the courage to go to the dentist on Friday afternoon last week. i sat down with the dentist and explained everything from start to finish, she was absolutely superb and gave me a treatment plan to get to there i want to be.. she advised on my next visit she will do a deep clean on both top and bottom teeth. I did ask if we could start the process that day because i was already there to which she replied as long as you're happy. i wont go into details but let me say that my teeth are a lot cleaner top and bottom and i am not booked in for 24th May for a couple of fillings so i am well on my way which i never thought i would do it.. if anyone is reading this and understands how easy it is to put off the appointment, PLEASE PLEASE don't cancel and try and find the courage to go or at least get an appointment because its been a burden in my life for at least 15 years and i can slowly start feeling like a weight has been lifted.. if i can do it so can you, i am always around if anyone wants to chat/ an ear to listen

Congratulations on your success and good luck moving forward in your treatment plan

Thank you very much, just hope there are others reading who are nervous as i was and need courage to book an appointment.. please do it :)

Look at you. Such courage. Well done.

Be sure to keep posting as to your continued journey. I’ll look forward to updates with great interest.

In the meantime, enjoy your accomplishment. Be sure to go around, showing your new smile.

You’ve earned it.

This is great Warman!!! Beautiful story of courage and payoff!! Keep us in the loop as you go along if you will. You will be a great encouragement! and hope we will be to you in your journey any way we all can :)

Thank you both, i will keep you updated.. i'm not due back in the chair until the 24th May but i will 110% keep you updated, if one person reads this thread and makes an appointment i would be over the moon :)

It really is just a matter of getting in the door for some of us! I am just like you, went today for the first time in about 15 years. It is such a relief to be on the road to not ever have to worry about it again. Congrats to you for having the courage.

It really is just a matter of getting in the door for some of us! I am just like you, went today for the first time in about 15 years. It is such a relief to be on the road to not ever have to worry about it again. Congrats to you for having the courage.

well done im glad you done it.. good luck on the road to a better smile :)

thank you for you support today!

anytime, how did it go?
Everything is going fine, tomorrow is gonna be my 3rd appoitment ? they are going to do deep cleaning in my lowers quadrant, expecting time 2hrs ?. Hopes everything goes well like my upper left side cleaning. Then I need to schedule my 4th appointment to finish with deep cleaning right upper side and two extractions ? and I will done for the first phase.

Back