• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

You don't know me, but THANK YOU

K

KimChi

Hello all,
I've been a lurker here for a few weeks now, after rising pain in a broken back molar made me realize I was going to have to confront my fears. I hadn't been to a dentist in over 18 years -first because I no longer had coverage once I turned 18 and then, later, because so much time had lapsed between visits that I was embarrassed. I also have some major anxiety/panic attack issues that made the idea of the dentist absolutely horrifying to me.

But the broken molar wasn't going to be ignored so I did a lot of research and ended up here, reading stories and realizing I'm not the only one who has these kinds of issues. My pain ended up becoming way too much for me to bear. I finally went in last week, found out I had an abcess and, long story short, got it extracted today. I found a very caring, comforting dentist, which helped greatly, but a lot of my 'strength' came from realizing that there are others who have overcome and will overcome their own fears.

So, thank you.
Kim

Hello KimChi,
i too am new here and have been a lurker reader for a few weeks after having excruciating pain in my back teeth, and i have just been to the dentist yesterday for the first time in nearly 15 years, my teeth are in terrible state and i suffer ( still suffer) from extreme fear.
i have been referred to the hospital by the dentist as i need a lot done but that's another thread for tommorow
i am lucky to have a friend who did suffer the fear but he overcame it and got sorted out. he has helped me with a lot with advice, and i have learn't so much from these forums too, so apologies for hijacking your thread but i too would like to thank all the members here for sharing there experiences. :)

Back