• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Young and toothless, now what...

T

thedoctorsgirl

I am 28 and just had all ( I think) of my teeth removed to eventually get dentures. The surgery was morning of Oct. 8 and now Oct. 11 I am very swollen and bruised. I am managing pain pretty well and doing everything the surgeon said to do after extractions. He said it could be 4- 6 weeks before I can get the dentures. I am feeling pretty down right now. It is like shell shock. I know right now the only thing I can do is heal, but what should I do next? Should I contact my dentist and see how the healing is going to get an approx. date for fitting or what? I am just hoping right now that I don't miss too much more work since I am a teacher using my sick days to cover everything. Ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

First of all, well done! And the first couple of days are often the worst, so at least you're through them. And if you're managing the pain well then that's a good sign too.

This stage is really hard. It's hard to become accustomed to the shock of suddenly being toothless when you're also swollen and dealing with pain, and in your case (and my case too) a bit uncertain about what comes next. I would suggest contacting your dentist to ask if there should be an appointment to check the healing.

This part sucks, I know. But I promise it'll get better. Hang in there :hug4:

You're very brave :respect:

I really hope you feel better soon! :flowers: