• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

"Your teeth are amazing!"

• Thread starter Steve In Cleveland
  • Start date
Steve In Cleveland

Steve In Cleveland

Forum Buddy
This morning I had my six-month checkup-- the third since I started going back to the dentist two years ago.

The hygienist kept saying, "Your teeth are amazing!" and "This is awesome!" No one's ever said that about my teeth before, and it felt great!!

Two years ago my teeth were crumbling and breaking and falling apart, and were the biggest source of shame and fear in my life. After lots and lots of work to restore them, I made a new year's resolution last year to start flossing regularly. So now I brush, floss, and rinse twice a day, religiously. I still think my teeth are pretty ugly, and wish I'd taken care of them all along. But at least now they're healthy and I'm not ashamed to smile. And my dental hygienist thinks they're awesome!

I realize most people on the forum are still struggling to get started, but I wanted to provide a little inspiration that there is a way through to the other side. I never ever would have believed I would ever be a "normal" dental patient again. It can be done!

I am so pleased for you after all your adventures. Well done you :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::cheer::cheer::cheer::dance2::dance::yayy:
You've earned it:butterfly:

You give me hope! Thanks

Back