• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

15 teeth extracted full immediate denture on top. Slight odor from top denture

M

misticocean1379

15 teeth extracted full immediate denture on top. Slight odor from top denture

Tuesday I went and had all 15 teeth on top plus 2 on bottom which was my wisdom teeth. One of my teeth had a slight infection to it the dentist said he cleaned it out. I went Thursday for a adjustment and to speak about the odd smell I noticed that day coming from my denture area. He said that is normal due to all of the extractions that it will have a odd smell and that my gums looked fine. I have been checking my temperature and the highest it has been was yesterday at a 99.0. The dentist did prescribe Amoxiccilan 500mg 3times daily and I have been taking these as soon as I got home Tuesday. I was wondering if this was normal. I do not feel any major pain just discomfort. Also no bad taste like a bitter taste or anything only thing i do taste is like a salty taste. The dentist will not be back in till Monday and was wondering if there is any concern.

Last edited:
Re: 15 teeth extracted full immediate denture on top. Slight odor from top denture

Hello:), going by my own experience of teeth out ( in 2 stages) and an immediate put in it all sounds fine, hope you are finding everything else ok too, hang in there it doesn't take too long for everything to settle down and get back to normal. ( even if it doesn't feel like it) I had mine done in June ;)
D.J:whirl:

Back