• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Bridge Too White and Need Deep Cleaning

T

TT8954

I finally went back to the dentist after not being taken for years. I went back because I had an abscess. I had to use another dentist who takes payment plans to perform the root canal. After that I went back to my first dentist and joined the smile protection plan so that I could get free exam and x-ray to see what all was wrong. I was overwhelmed. I have had 2 extractions from my teenage years of two molars my parents said that a root canal was a waste of money so they just had them pulled. I also had like 12 cavities filled when I was 16 after not being taken to the dentist in forever . I had no idea that my milk allergy along with me grinding my teeth at night along with me not being able to eat many other things would affect my teeth so much. I hated the dentist I was always petrified of them. My parents stopped taking me so I stopped asking. I am finally trying to recover from getting a bridge that is the wrong color and now I am trying to schedule a deep cleaning they recommended but the dentist is never open on weekends and I have not been able to go during the week. I keep losing my courage to go then I try to go and cant get an appointment. I don't have insurance so I am paying everything out of pocket. I'm exhausted and I feel hopeless, ugly and ashamed. I am only in my 20's. I think I should give up.

I hope you don't give up. It seems like a long and never ending road once we decide to get treatment, it is a shame that you had to miss so much as a young child. You cannot change what was or what happened as a child but you can change your future. You are in charge of YOU now and I think you have done so well so far.

Is your bridge on your back teeth?

I have a bridge and I also felt a bit upset that it is lighter than my own teeth, mine is on my back teeth and doesn't show much, I am told it looks fine and does not stand out as I think it does. I have had moments through my life when I have thought I would like to just give up but that isn't the answer. The more appointments you attend and get the treatment you need by a dentist you trust and feel comfortable with the better things get.

You are so young to give up and you deserve a nice healthy mouth that you can be proud of. Maybe if the bridge is effecting your confidence your dentist could do something to it or replace it to make you feel better about it.

I wish you well in getting the rest of your treatment and you are so worth it :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:

Thank you Carole :)

I am trying not to give up. I have just been so frustrated and trying to eat one one side of my mouth and then alternating to the next has taken away my appetite. I have lost alot of weight and just thinking about eating makes me think about pain. I have changed jobs and I start next Tuesday at a job that will provide me with insurance. I have also made 2 appointments on Thursday this week for a deep cleaning at one dentist and later that day at the dentist who did my bridge that is giving me problems. His hygienist said that she remembers when I told him I was unsure about the color and the not reaching my gums part when I was in there the first time , but they cemented it without letting me look at it first and i was so anxious. The bridge starts at the tooth right at the edge of my smile line on the left so if I smile big or talk too wide you can see a really really white tooth next my real tooth ( not white :giggle:) kinda yellowish. I am trying to stay positive and to not listen to my parents this time s they say dentists only want to take your money. I tell them that I am in pain and not asking them to pay for anything I just want to feel pretty again and enjoy eating :)

Back