• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Broken Tooth new covid 19 guidelines

B

Bray

Hello so today I broke my premolar basically in half. This tooth has been needing to come out since January sadly my anxiety kept me out of tje chair once again. Although my last extraction went just fine due to ativan. But now another tooth same deal and I didnt go in January. Fast forward to today and the tooth broke in half and sadly bc of new guidelines here in pa. She currently can't extract bc it's not considered an emergency bc theres currently no pain or anything when it happen I've had many two day toothaches since December with this tooth.

Am I overreacting on the tooth breaking. She did say it was ok if the rest of the tooth breaks off bc it rotted from inside and to just baby it and hopefully in a couple weeks she could get me in. But if theres pain or swelling abscess to call her and she can see me I'm very confused and nervous right now with this onto of everything else going on in the world

Hi Bray,

indeed difficult times. I also feel confused about the world right now. On the other hand, it looks like things are gradually improving in many countries and many fronts.
let me try to help you regarding your teeth: your indicator for the severity of any inflammation from that tooth is the amount of pain when applying pressure on the tooth. If the pain is strong, in most cases a prescription of antibiotics will buy some time- at least a few weeks.
in addition: waiting a few weeks will not change much the condition of the tooth and your general health. When it comes to teeth, problems develop very slowly.

Bray,

So sorry to hear of your tooth breaking off.. I have had a few of those 1/2 tooth breaks myself and its horrible to deal with , even if not extreme pain, it is uncomfortable on many levels and hard to keep it this way for so long. These are definately hard times to have dental issues and I know they are very serious about the qualifications as to when they can help. I volunteer for a charity dental place doing clerical things so get their news, and they have strict guidelines as there has to be severe pain, swelling, absess to be able to treat anything. Even if someone were to come in and it wasn't as severa as said. they would have to immediately send them home and reschedule. The state and local stipulations and rules are very strict for sure.. I hope they loosen up soon and you can get in and have this taken care of.

Hi. I understand your worry.

I’ve got a tooth abcess (diagnosed today after an X-ray) I have been given 5 days of amoxicillin which I’m praying works to buy me some time, if not I’ll have to try get some more antibiotics?

All tooth extractions fillings and root canals have been cancelled in the U.K. from today. I have no idea what I’m going to do and the thought of being in pain with no helps is making me feel ill.

I am in the same boat. I have had a crown for 20 years, and today it decided to break, taking some tooth with it. My anxiety is through the roof. No dental treatment available, unless in severe pain :(

Back