• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Hard bump and swollen glands

J

just_me

Hi all,

I am not a fan of the dentist. The last time I went to one was about two years ago. At that time, I had one bottom molar on my left side that the dentist said would probably need to be extracted since it looked too far gone for a root canal. It hasn't caused me any pain or problems since then.

A few weeks ago (maybe 3?), I started having some sinus issues and pain on the opposite of my neck. I didn't think much of it because I get sinus stuff now and again. The sinus stuff cleared up, but my glands on that side remained hard and swollen. This past week I have become more aware of a pain in my molar (not the same one above, opposite side). The pain comes and goes and almost radiates down my neck. Yesterday, I noticed that a small hard bump had appeared below the tooth on the inside of my mouth. I'm pretty sure that this is the same tooth that the dentist said I had a cavity on.

Obviously, I need to go to the dentist, but I am scared. I suffer from health anxiety, and this is making it worse, and causing me to panic all the time. I need some reassurance that I will be ok. :(

Just an update that I went to the dentist today and had an emergency root canal. Not fun, but I survived.

Back